Director of Business Development
Matt Smith is the director of business development for C2P Advisory Group, where he will recruit new advisors to the companies and work with new and existing advisors to help them develop the skills that lead to a successful practice. His main objective is to help advisors holistically grow their businesses.
During five years at Allianz Life, Matt served as the senior sales consultant to some of the largest advisors with which they partnered, totaling almost $2 billion per year in annual sales. He partnered and developed relationships with 200+ advisors across the country and assisted them in growing their practices on an annual basis. He concentrated on product and case design, fixed indexed annuities, and utilizing marketing ideas to achieve sales objectives. Matt was also the director of admissions in the higher education industry and assisted adults and non-traditional students with enrolling and completing degree programs offered by the university. As a college student, he also managed a group home for mentally disabled individuals.
Matt is a firm believer in education and has a genuine passion for personal finance. He received a bachelor’s degree in business communication studies from Minnesota State University in Mankato, MN, and then went on to earn his Master of Management degree at the Harold Buckingham School for Graduates in Austin, TX. He holds FINRA Series 6, 63, and a Life & Health Insurance License.
Matt currently lives in Victoria, MN with his wife, Sarah, and their three children – Ashton, Noah, and Emma. They enjoy spending time together playing games, reading, going to church, and staying involved in their community soccer program.
Things You Must Know About Matt
- He tries to read a new book every month for personal and professional growth.
- He provides holistic business development, training and marketing initiatives for annuities, life and AUM.
- He has a passion for emotional intelligence and personality tests like the DISC, Insights, and Myers-Briggs.
- Plays the guitar, piano, drums, harmonica, and, most recently, the ukulele.
- Enjoys remodeling homes and household projects.
- Loves football and is an avid Green Bay Packers fan.